Canvas GROUP courses can be used by academic programs to establish online communities for program majors, including sharing documents and sending communications. Academic program directors may request enrollment packages for Canvas GROUP courses as described below.
- Enrollment packages can be created based on these Banner population selections: Program, Degree, Major, and Concentration.
- Active students who meet the criteria will automatically be added to the enrollment package and automatically removed when they no longer meet the criteria.
- Students remain on Active status until they have had 3 consecutive semesters of no course registration, even if they graduate, and cannot be removed from the course manually.
- Enrollment packages may be requested by Chairs or Program Directors.
- Enrollment packages will expire annually, unless renewed.
- Enrollment packages based on course (CRN) criteria are not available.
- A Canvas GROUP cannot have both the auto enrollment package and self-enroll enabled. Due to a SIS “master” update that runs in the evening any self-enrolled students will be removed from the course.
To request an enrollment package for your Canvas GROUP course have your Department Chair or Program director send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. To expedite the request please provide the Canvas GROUP name and Banner population selection.